-- JOIN US as We Make History for the Breed!
This is a lovely, friendly, and supportive breed club --unlike other groups, we don't attack or allow attacking of members-- and we are moving forward with becoming recognized by the AKC as the "Parent Club for the Breed". These are exciting times, with our first specialty, a new Rescue Committee, and a Genetic Health Committee on the horizon! There is paperwork and DNA sampling necessary for all this, and we will be supporting you throughout the process! Join us and make a historical difference in this breed!
There are five types of membership open to all individuals who are in good standing with the AKC and agree to abide by the objectives of CaSSA including its By-Laws, and Certificate of Incorporation and who have affirmed or demonstrated their dedication to the breed.
- Associate Membership is open to all persons 18 years or older, who are residents of the United States or Canada. An Associate Member shall not have the right to vote or hold office, but may serve on committees of the Club unless specifically restricted within these By-Laws. Associate Members shall not count in the determination of a quorum. An Associate Member may remain at that level and is not required to seek Voting Member status.
- Voting Membership with all rights, privileges, and responsibilities shall be open to persons 18 years or older who have demonstrated their dedication to the breed and club and who currently own a purebred Caucasian Shepherd and who are residents of the United States or Canada. There are three divisions of Voting Membership as described in the Membership Application; Individual, Family, and Breeder Voting Memberships. The differences amount to number of votes the membership counts for.
- Junior Membership is open to all persons at least 8 years of age and less than 18 years of age. Junior Members do not have the right to vote, hold office, chair a committee or count toward the determination of a quorum but they may serve on committees of the Club.
- Foreign Membership shall be open to persons 18 years of age and older who reside outside of the United States or Canada. Foreign Members shall not vote or hold office and shall not count in the determination of a quorum.
- Honorary Membership may be conferred by the Board in recognition of special service to CaSSA, and is granted as a non-voting, non-office-holding membership. Honorary Membership requires no membership fee to be paid and is automatically conferred to any AKC judges of the breed.